What is fair use?
- The use of limited amounts of copyrighted works for important purposes like news reporting, commentary, critiques and education so long as the use does not significantly cut into the commercial value of the original copyrighted work.
- Ask yourself these questions. If the answers are “yes,” chances are good you’re in the clear.
- Are you using the material for journalistic purposes?
- Are you telling the reader something about the material?
- For more information: http://www.splc.org/article/2011/04/splc-guide-to-fair-use
See More Legal Issue FAQ’s